About Green's Garage Miami, FL
Green’s Garage is one of the oldest, and well-known auto repair and maintenance shops in Miami, FL. Sam and Henry Green first opened the shops garage doors in 1956. Since opening, Green’s Garage became very popular in the community. When Sam and Henry decided to leave the business in 1982, they sold it to Orestes “JR” Triana and his father. JR remains the proud owner today.
Meet Orestes “JR” Triana
Orestes “JR” Triana has an extensive history in the automotive industry and is very active in the Dade County and entire state of Florida auto repair community. JR comes from a long line of automotive technicians. His father, all of this uncle’s on his father’s side, and his grandfather’s brother were all mechanics. He got his start in the industry at just seven years old when his father took him to where he worked as the head mechanic at a Ford Dealership. From that early age, JR was hooked.
His first auto repair job came in 1976 when he was hired as the head of “get ready” for Kendal Toyota. On the side he also serviced cars for private customers at his father’s shop. Then in 1982, he and his father bought Green’s Garage to carry on the legacy it had created.
Qualifications and Accomplishments
- 1983- Joined ASA (Automotive Service Association) as a regular member
- 1987- Become Treasurer of the ASA Dade County Chapter
- 1988- Became Vice President of the ASA Dade County Chapter
- 1989- Became President of the ASA Dade County Chapter
- JR was a lobbyist for ASA in Dade County and sat on the board that created and wrote the Dade and Broward Licensing Ordinance
- He was appointed by the Dade County Commissioner, Arthur Teel, to sit on the first Dade County Auto Board
- 1990-Became Treasurer of the ASA for the State of Florida
- 1990- JR was appointed Chairman of the Dade County Automotive Advisory Board, where he continues to preside. Here he oversees the certification of all the Dade County Automotive Vocational Education Schools.
- 1991-Became Vice President of the ASA for the State of Florida and a lobbyist for the State of Florida
- JR won the Paragon Award for outstanding service in protecting and serving the automotive industry
- 1992- Became President of the ASA for the State of Florida. Here he represented all automotive shops and owners in Florida at a state level.
- JR helped establish The Dade County and State of Florida industry boards and was an expert consultant and lobbyist for shop owner rights.
- He was appointed to the Ford Arbitration Board for the State of Florida, and sat for two, three-year terms
- He was the technical member of the four-member committee presiding over Lemon Law cases for consumers
- JR is a Lemon Law expert and have testified in court cases as an expert witness
We'd like to hear your questions, comments and suggestions!